31 August, 2008

God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly

One of the great shows of the late 70s to 80s was WKRP in Cincinnati. This was one of those perfectly cast shows. Nobody could play Johnny Fever better than Howard Hesseman. Loni, Loni, Loni. Hubba Hubba Hubba.
And the tragic nerd whom many of us felt sympathy and kinship, Les Nessman.
WGN has been running reruns and the classic "Baseball" episode was shown. I found some trivia from Something Old, Something New.

The episode features the second and last appearance (on the original series anyway) of writer Bill Dial as the station engineer, Bucky. Also, Ross Bickell, who plays the manager of WPIG, was married to Loni Anderson at the time. Since she was having an affair with her co-star Gary Sandy, it must have made for an awkward shoot.
go to 12:10 to see, "The Catch."

and of course the Turkey episode

5 comments:

Brooke said...

The turkey scene has got to be one of the best ever!

Being from the Cinci area, every Thanksgiving the Hubby and I watch that one.

One of my FAVORITE sitcoms ever was Night Court.

Law and Order Teacher said...

While Loni was hot, I was a Bailey guy myself. She was intellectual and feminine at the same time. Irresistable indeed.

Chuck said...

Liked this show and loved this episode. I liked how he kept mispronouncing Chi Chi Rodriguez.

Obob said...

brooke: I must look to see if it is currently in syndication. I still refer to the Dan Fielding filter when I make an ass of myself
law: agreed
chuck: I forgot about that. Les was a master at disaster

WomanHonorThyself said...

notttttttt a big Loni Anderson fam myself ..lol

Kissinger Doing the Weather

Kissinger Doing the Weather
Back in the early 90s, I awoke with a wicked hang over one morning. As I sat on the floor watching the morning news, I swore I saw Harold Kissinger doing the weather. No one believed me. Professors discounted me. I have been vindicated.
      
Marriage is love.

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger