18 December, 2008

I live in a fly over state


Indiana is considered part of the Heartland. We are "flyover state." Our nickname, a Hoosier, pretty much means a rube or dumb hick. Thanks to obama, our state is not next to a state that is considered the new Holy City to the MSM. Chicago. Of course, like Jerusalem, it is a city of strife and conflict thanks to Daley and Machine he built coming back to haunt many. But I digress.
Not that I want the coverage and glory of a state like Cali or New York, but it is what it is.
New York has become another locale of political debate with the pre-coronation, or swearing in of another Kennedy, by the press. Some say it is bunk. Some say her lack of experience matches with others. Some may say, like obama, she will get the valued seat no matter hell or high water. Even though:
The road trip included stops in Syracuse, Rochester and Buffalo to help convince Gov. David Paterson and voters she's the one to replace Clinton in the U.S. Senate.
But it was a tough crowd.
The black SUV pulled up to Syracuse city hall Wednesday morning. It was stop one on Kennedy's upstate tour.
But after meeting with Mayor Matt Driscoll, she ran into a buzz saw -- angry reporters who wanted her to do more talking and less listening.

What? Angry reporters asking questions towards a democrat or a Kennedy! That is news. I really don't have a beef with her, she is a result of tragedy and a dark adoration of the public. And she is kinda ginchy for an older woman.
But New York isn't done, next is the cheating, ex-cokehead Gov. Paterson. The skit mocking him on SNL may have been the most daring in recent years. Kudos you blithering idiots of smug liberal rhetoric.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

SNL better watch their backs... ;)

Chuck said...

Obob, I like it here in fly-over land. There is no other place I would live. I'm in Michigan and as far as I'm concerened the Midwest is the heart of America.

Law and Order Teacher said...

Good call. We are the rubes here in the Midwest. It's warms my heart when the politicians have to come here with their hat in hand and kiss our butts for votes. The electoral college is a wonderful thing.

Kissinger Doing the Weather

Kissinger Doing the Weather
Back in the early 90s, I awoke with a wicked hang over one morning. As I sat on the floor watching the morning news, I swore I saw Harold Kissinger doing the weather. No one believed me. Professors discounted me. I have been vindicated.
      
Marriage is love.

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger