11 August, 2008

More Olympics

There has always been a mystic with the "Sweet Science." Maybe it's because I can't. Maybe it's because there is a certain amount of grace in its savagery. But boxing has long rested in American lore. From Johnson to Ali to Rocky Balboa. There has been a sense of awe and distant admiration for the boxer.
Not to mention one my favorite Simon and Garfunkal songs.


An analyst that has caught my eye and ear is Teddy Atlas from ESPN and covering the Olympics. When you listen to the old pugilist on ESPN, you learn strategy and feel the passion for the sport. Not to mention the old punchy could clean my clock with little if any effort. He has that nose that has been broken several times to many. But his candor reeks of knowledge.

If you can. catch Teddy's Corner when he gives pointers and insight on the fighter's and their strategy during the Olympics.

I do not have a man crush on him. My Olympic crush defiantly of the female persuasion.

2 comments:

Rita Loca said...

Hello from Paraguay.

Z said...

it's nice when commentators know what they're talking about, isn't it!

HI, JM....Buenos Dias, Mi Amiga.

(oh, you too, obob!!!) :-)

Kissinger Doing the Weather

Kissinger Doing the Weather
Back in the early 90s, I awoke with a wicked hang over one morning. As I sat on the floor watching the morning news, I swore I saw Harold Kissinger doing the weather. No one believed me. Professors discounted me. I have been vindicated.
      
Marriage is love.

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger