05 August, 2007

All in the Family

One of my few pleasures in life is playing soccer on Sunday. It's an adult rec league in Westfield where I grew up playing. Our team has players of various skills from some whom never kicked a ball to those who played semi-pro. The cool part is my sister, brother and father play. My mom did until she had career ending knee replacement surgery in the off-season at age 62. One year she broke her nose playing indoor.


The point of this little post is, do things with your family. When this team started, my little brother was 11. He turns 21 next year and we need the speed. It helps he plays for Purdue as well.


Quick notes with the great sports trifecta Sunday night:

NFL: Yes it was preseason, but the wood was laid by the Steelers D

MLS: FC Toronto played the Galaxy minus the $250 million dollar man who looked great in a Hugo Boss suit, but would have looked better in uniform.

MLB: Kerry Wood pitched ... again Kerry Wood pitched. And he finished the inning with a wicked slider that evoked fond memories. The thunderous applause from the Cub Nation was well deserved.

I'll get to the blinding lunacy of Obama later. Invade Pakistan.
Moron.

No comments:

Kissinger Doing the Weather

Kissinger Doing the Weather
Back in the early 90s, I awoke with a wicked hang over one morning. As I sat on the floor watching the morning news, I swore I saw Harold Kissinger doing the weather. No one believed me. Professors discounted me. I have been vindicated.
      
Marriage is love.

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger