31 July, 2007

Jackholes

One of the dirtiest words today is Accountability.
This despicable word requires a person or group to be held accountable for actions and accept consequence. We're not even going near politics today, I'm calling out the people that take in scrap metals. Especially copper.
Thieves stole copper pipe from the state's largest food bank over the weekend, knocking out the freezer and cool rooms and potentially costing the agency a half-million dollars in perishable food and repair costs.

The building my brother works out of had the AC units stolen. There is a huge problem with people stealing empty beer kegs for the scrap metal. Stealing full kegs for the amber beverage of love, I can live with, but empty kegs is ridiculous.
The people who operate and own scrap metal yards need to understand they are enabling the thieves and harming other businessmen. In the case above, they are taking food from the mouths of the needy. Karma is a nasty bugger and I hope the ignorant owners of these scarp metal yards know the ill wind blowing their way like the kamikaze winds that destroyed the Mongol navy.

6 comments:

WomanHonorThyself said...

youre right my friend..Karma is a nasty bugger...what goes around...........

Marie's Two Cents said...

I couldnt agree more.

We have had 50 some odd Air Conditioners stolen in Oklahoma City alone.

These nutballs dont care if it was an elderly person's air conditioner, or someone who is sick, they just care about getting thier crack money.

Brooke said...

I agree.

How easy would it be to pay attention to "repeat customers" at the scrap metal yard, and ask where the copper came from?

Anything for a frickin' buck.

Rita Loca said...

Obob,Feel free to use anything that would be of interest to your students. I would love to think it would be useful in that way.

Beth said...

Aren't you targeting the wrong people by blaming the scrap yard buyers? Why not blame the idiots who are doing the stealing? Seems like they'd sell their own grandmother.

Obob said...

they're all thieves and may they spend eternity in coversation with Hillary Clinton & Al Gore on thier integrity

Kissinger Doing the Weather

Kissinger Doing the Weather
Back in the early 90s, I awoke with a wicked hang over one morning. As I sat on the floor watching the morning news, I swore I saw Harold Kissinger doing the weather. No one believed me. Professors discounted me. I have been vindicated.
      
Marriage is love.

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger