24 September, 2008

Sums it up


In every nook of the country, there is that one town or city that has the rich snob rep. In Kentucky they have running water. California, the butlers have butlers.
You know, they have the smell of new money and love to flaunt it. A yuppie conclave. The city tends to buy its way to prominence and becomes the butt of local jokes. In Indy, we have Carmel. There was once a joke a decade plus ago that went like this:

How many Carmel housewives does it take to change a light bulb?

Two, one to call the electrician and the other to make the martinis.

or the chant heard as their sports team lose:

That's alright, that's okay, you gonna work for us some other day.


You get the drift. And my sister has moved into this credit wealthy metropolis. Someone needs to be grounded in that town and she brings it.

Back to the story, I go to my niece's birthday party. An older gentlemen pulls up in a brand new Benz. Nice car. I figure he does business with my brother-in-law.

No, it was the pizza guy. The friggin' pizza guy pulled up in a Mercedes Benz.
That about sums it up.

2 comments:

Beth said...

What do you tip a guy like that without insulting him?!?

Anonymous said...

Damn a benz. He is either a busy guy or gets some pretty good tips.

Kissinger Doing the Weather

Kissinger Doing the Weather
Back in the early 90s, I awoke with a wicked hang over one morning. As I sat on the floor watching the morning news, I swore I saw Harold Kissinger doing the weather. No one believed me. Professors discounted me. I have been vindicated.
      
Marriage is love.

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger