04 January, 2009

Wacky Loquacious Brits


If you pay attention to international politics, you'll find some pretty bizarre characters. We have our share, but sometimes how you say it. From the subtle Cheney/Leahy exchange to banal Reid/GW.
But Boris Johnson, Tory(Conservative) Mayor of London is a dandy. I guess the mop topped toe head has a bit of grudge against the Labor Party PM Gordie Brown
Some of his darts:
  • Mr. Johnson describes in some detail a tunnel planned under the Thames, which, he says, "is going to have a quite colossal bore" -- clearly the opening's too tempting not to take -- "a bore even more colossal than Gordon Brown himself."
  • A Boris campaign pitch: "Voting Tory will cause your wife to have bigger breasts and increase your chances of owning a BMW M3."
  • On Portsmouth: "[A city of] drugs, obesity, underachievement and Labour MPs."
  • On himself: "Beneath the carefully constructed veneer of a blithering buffoon, there lurks a blithering buffoon."

and as someone stated online and I wish I could link his sentiments in wishing our politicians were this eloquently audacious and barb tongued
On Mr. Johnson's desk sits a tabloid cover mooting a possible June 4 poll. I point to it.

"Bring it on!" says Mr. Johnson, lighting up. "My message to Gordon Brown through the Wall Street Journal is: You great big quivering gelatinous invertebrate jelly of indecision, you marched your troops up to the top of the hill in October of [2007]. Show us that you've got enough guts to have an election June 4. Gordon: Man or Mouse?!"


to much fun, I like the guy.

11 comments:

Law and Order Teacher said...

Ah, some of that witty Brit humor. And we're stuck with that noted wit Harry Reid, who does a remarkable imitation of a cardboard cutout of himself. Everytime he opens his mouth I expect moths to fly out.

Schumer, well, you just can't look at him without wanting to kick him in the nuts.

Pelosi is too caught up in her own splendor to be funny,

McConnell is almost life-like and BO, well, he's the messiah and you don't laugh at him!

Love the Brits.

Beth said...

Too funny!

Brooke said...

I'll bet that dude gets out of bed every morning trying to come up with a new way to piss off Brown. LOL!

Obob said...

heck, he doesn't comb his hair to make more time to piss him off

Patrick M said...

Is he your kindred spirit from across the pond, Obob? I'm just waiting for pics of you with his 'do.

Chuck said...

Schumer, well, you just can't look at him without wanting to kick him in the nuts.

This is too funny

You want to see something funny, watch (I think) C-Span at night when they cover Brittish legislative debates, not quite as violent as South Korea's but good fun

Also, I was in Canada once during election time, they know how to attack each other

Obob said...

not enough rogain in the world to give that hair

Law and Order Teacher said...

Chuck,
Prime Minister's questions is the ultimate comedy show for geeks. I love it and watch it on C-SPAN whenever I can. I wholeheartedly recommend it to my students. We don't have political theater (theatre) like this in the US. Awesome post Obob.

Patrick M said...

You could always buy a rug if you can't grow it yourself. I could, but then I'd have to break out the bleach, and I'm far too cute to do that.

Beth said...

It's like they don't need Saturday Night Live to do skits about their politicians, they've got the politicians doing their own bits.

Obob said...

I love c-span's british house of commons.

Kissinger Doing the Weather

Kissinger Doing the Weather
Back in the early 90s, I awoke with a wicked hang over one morning. As I sat on the floor watching the morning news, I swore I saw Harold Kissinger doing the weather. No one believed me. Professors discounted me. I have been vindicated.
      
Marriage is love.

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger