01 June, 2008

Another mindless post



Expect erratic random inane posts over the summer. Coherence is soooo overrated.

This in and a shocking development. Communism is a crappy economic system.

CARDENAS, Cuba -- Loraicys is 27 years old, has never worked, and refuses to
take just any job. She is not alone.

As Raúl Castro embarks on an
ambitious plan to kick-start the communist nation's economy, he faces daunting
challenges: Many Cubans simply do not work.

Decades of measly salaries
and vast government subsidies have kept many young people off the labor rolls
because it's more lucrative to hustle on the street. Others live comfortably
enough off remittances from Miami and elsewhere.


See! The slacker culture my generation refined during the 90s has finally dealt a harsh blow to Cuba! If McDonald's, the Pope and the late great Dutch tore down the Iron Curtain with capitalism and human dignity, we can do it in by sending flannel shirts and Starbucks. It looks like they have mastered the "living off their parents" thing down.
Now, if they could find a way to get their hands on royalties off of the juvenile and asinine Che icon marketing items, then the money would really roll in.


3 comments:

WomanHonorThyself said...

Coherence is soooo overrated...well thats for sure my friend!!

Brooke said...

Isn't it great?

LOVE the AEN pic! What, me work? Here's a few of my favorite Che pics...

This.

This.

And this.

Obob said...

gotta love them.

Kissinger Doing the Weather

Kissinger Doing the Weather
Back in the early 90s, I awoke with a wicked hang over one morning. As I sat on the floor watching the morning news, I swore I saw Harold Kissinger doing the weather. No one believed me. Professors discounted me. I have been vindicated.
      
Marriage is love.

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger