10 May, 2008

Live in the Past or Die in the Future

The dullard known as Obob has found a new annoyance. This is clearly built on bias and counter thought to the media/intellectual establishment.
The friggin' hippies and neo-hippies that infest our import elements of mass media and ivory towers are starting to hit a narcissistic masturbation of opinion. Let me start.
Today's Real Clear Politics.com had three articles reflecting 1968. One is a piss and moan piece by Chomsky. The second fondly remembers the protest of Paris. The last is justly critical of the dirty hippies. All of my facist opinions and simple words could be switched by someone of the opposite brainwaves. Thus part of my point on the beauty of diverse thoughts that are discouraged by the Left and its prophets of tyranny.


  • Noam Chomsky on 1968:

    Nineteen sixty-eight was one exciting moment in a much larger movement. It spawned a whole range of movements. There wouldn't have been an international global solidarity movement, for instance, without the events of 1968. It was enormous, in terms of human rights, ethnic rights, a concern for the environment, too.

    As I read the article, I expected to have had Chomsky proclaim the tattoo of "1968" placed on his lower back side like a tramp stamp.

  • Paris on the Anniversary of the 1968 Protests from the NYT


    France puts great stock in anniversaries. On your Paris map, you’ll find streets named “8 Mai 1945” and “4 Septembre” and squares called “8 Novembre 1942,” “18 Juin 1940,” “19 Mars 1962,” and, most recently, “Place du 8 FĂ©vrier 1962” — this one so christened last year on the anniversary of a protest for peace in Algeria. Flags come out, like the mammoth Tricouleur under the Arc de Triomphe for today’s Victory Day; newspapers groan under weighty ruminations; officials don sashes.

    I am eternally grateful to the French for Bleu Cheese for my Hot Wings, their aid in The Revolutionary War, and electing Sarkozy, but to encourage our hippies was not cool. Plus I am jealous I can't pull of the super cool beatnik thing with huge black sunglasses
  • Rich Lowery's critical piece on the actions in 1968 is at least logical

    Before we had our long national nightmare (Watergate), we had our long national temper tantrum. In America, student protests were an indulgence of the privileged, a wail by baby boomer kids raised in unprecedented affluence against their parents' authority.
    To accuse of "fascism" a generation that bled in the mud of Normandy fighting the Axis took a massive historical ignorance and overweening self-regard. The New Left had both.
    As the establishment that is the Media starts to look forty years into the past in fond memories, some of us will cringe. It isn't that they used their freedom of speech legally, it is the consequences and lack of awareness.

  • Anyone can shout from the mountaintop for justice, I get it. But to be caught up in the moment and commit crimes then never reconcile. In fact drag a Presidential candidate into your web of hate, is immoral. And if that candidate cannot acknowledge a crime against the US in the manner of Weathermen was treason, he needs not take the Oval Office. At least Bubba somewhat got it.

    This may be the last post for sometime and I'll come around to visit when time allows. I have three weeks left of school and I'm in free agency.

    8 comments:

    Dardin Soto said...

    ... lots of room in my cave for sabbaticals, Obob. Actually, if this is your last peace for awhile then you saved your best musings for last cause I dug it...

    Obob said...

    thanks, as much as I dislike the cave, it is a necessary beast somedays

    Always On Watch said...

    From Chomsky:

    Nineteen sixty-eight was one exciting moment in a much larger movement.

    Puhleeze! 1968 marked the start of having to lock our doors in Northern Virginia!

    Patrick M said...

    The first time I heard about Noam Chomsky was my third year of college (1995), in an economics course that had both udergrad and graduate students. I ended up failing that course. That should have been an indicator for me.

    I respect the fact that there are many people out there with different viewpoints that they arrived at honestly, despite how very wrong they are for not agreeing and submitting to my wisdom. But the antiwar, anti-America hippie movement that came out of the 60's is not a difference of opinion or even worldview. It is a disease, a distortion of any logical thought process, and the result is nothing less than a movement that can destroy America.

    Real hope for this country can only come, now, from my generation and those yet to come. We might, therefore, be screwed.


    Try to get back as soon as you can. I need more brain nourishment.

    Brooke said...

    Chomsky... *sigh* What can one say?

    Idiot. Smug Bastard? There is no insult good enough.

    Rita Loca said...

    Chomsky!!!! Don't get me started...

    nanc said...

    great title for this post, obob. some people just simply CANNOT force themselves into the now.

    enjoy the cave!

    *8]

    WomanHonorThyself said...

    dontcha luv the ones here luving despots who are always wayyyyyyyyyy over -------> THERE!

    Kissinger Doing the Weather

    Kissinger Doing the Weather
    Back in the early 90s, I awoke with a wicked hang over one morning. As I sat on the floor watching the morning news, I swore I saw Harold Kissinger doing the weather. No one believed me. Professors discounted me. I have been vindicated.
          
    Marriage is love.

    Blog Archive

    Powered By Blogger