10 June, 2007

Well Hell


I have been experiencing some rather lucid moments lately. Nothing drug induced, but suburban. More and more I find myself mowing the lawn and reflecting: I have three kids, a wife, mortgage, minivan and a career. Thus I wonder, "What the hell am I doing?"
The answer, not enough. I don't go to Church enough. I don't call my friends enough. I don't think enough. And that was it. I hold back. I do not challenge my cognitive tissue enough to make a difference. Being a teacher is the greatest job in the world. But I'm not doing enough. I'm holding back.
You may see where this going, I'm having my midlife crisis several years to early.
So enough of the pathetic pity party. Time to live out my favorite quote from the Bard:

Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;
Antony - Julius Caesar

Hopefully my posts will have more venom and honey. My comments more coherence.

The picture above I may have posted some time ago. My coffer was filled with $500 to go to the World Food Program, one of the few good things the UN does. So I wore a pink tutu one day.
I was also thirty pounds heavier. So one part is on track, time to finish right.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Thirty pounds, huh?

You could just be light-headed from all that weight loss... ;)

nanc said...

this has to be one of the cutest photos i've ever been privy to - honestly, like my husband always says, "only real men can wear pink and carry it off!" you're just one of those guys.

Always On Watch said...

Midlife crisis? Buy a Mustang convertible! That's what I did.

Kissinger Doing the Weather

Kissinger Doing the Weather
Back in the early 90s, I awoke with a wicked hang over one morning. As I sat on the floor watching the morning news, I swore I saw Harold Kissinger doing the weather. No one believed me. Professors discounted me. I have been vindicated.
      
Marriage is love.

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger