10 December, 2008

Kass will do


As Chicago guts out another scandal, I know there are other cities in Illinois, but we are talking about my kind of town. Kass has tried to take Royko's spot in terms if fretting out governmental corruption and incompetence. Well Christmas came early.

So though Illinois isn't surprised—this is after all the home of the Chicago Way—the national media must be shocked.

They've been clinging to the ridiculous notion that Chicago is Camelot for months now, cleaving to the idea with the willfulness of stubborn children. It must help them see Obama as some pristine creature, perhaps a gentle faun of a magic forest, unstained by our grubby politics, a bedtime story for grown-ups who insist upon fairy tales. But now the national media may finally be forced to confront reality.

Even national pundits with tingles running up their legs can't ignore the tape recordings in which Blagojevich speculated how he'd get the gold for picking Obama's successor.

"I'm going to keep this Senate option for me a real possibility, you know, and therefore I can drive a hard bargain," Blagojevich allegedly said on tape. "You hear what I'm saying? And if I don't get what I want, and I'm not satisfied with it, then I'll just take the Senate seat myself."

Obama's Senate seat, Blagojevich allegedly said, "is a [expletive] valuable thing. You don't just give it away for nothing."

Then, on Nov. 5, he allegedly said, "I've got this thing, and it's [expletive] golden and, uh, I'm just not going to give it up for [expletive] nothing. I'm not gonna do it. And I can always use it, I can parachute me there."

If a jury hears that tape, it's [expletive] over.


finally

Because this is no fairy tale. This isn't Camelot.

This is Chicago.

And a governor is on the grill.


As Kass states in the article, I agree that obama is free at the moment. But obama has been part of the Machine. Now there is speculation of his little pit bull, rahm emanuel, may be on tape. Not saying rahm is corrupt by any means, but I'm sure the bus is warming up for another person to get tossed under.
Does Meineke cover wheel alignment repair after so many friends you have run over mr. obama?
I love this from politico
One prominent Chicago Democrat close to many of those named in the indictment suggested the risk for Obama is “Whitewater-type exposure.” That was a reference to an Arkansas real estate deal that produced a series lengthy and highly intrusive investigations in the 1990s that never proved illegality by the Clintons.

What this Democrat meant with his analogy—which on the facts so far seems a bit premature—was that Obama could suffer by being in the proximity of a back-scratching and deal-making culture, even if he was mostly a bystander. “What will splatter on to Obama is he is to some degree a product of this culture, and he has never entirely stood against it,” said the Democrat, who wanted anonymity for fear of antagonizing the president-elect.

That is the point I have maintained all along. Obama may not be corrupt, but he used many people and stood by making a feeble attempt at looking innocent and staring at his feet to attain power. He never stood for anything as long as it served his purpose.
What will he do in office?

6 comments:

Shaw Kenawe said...

You're kidding, right?

You don't think politicians, including the Sarah Palins and the George W. Bush's of this world "used" people to get where they are?

Go read up on how Ms. Sarah rose in politics in Alaska. Go ahead.

And don't forget that St. Ronnie wasn't against baiting racist southerners to get their votes when he stated publicly that the Civil Rights Act was an insult to the south.

Please.

You say that Obama is not involved in this scandal, but I see you hoping against hope that he is tainted by it.

It was his insistence on having the Illinois state legislature pass the ethics bill that led to Blogo's arrest.

Patrick M said...

This was an idea I had while driving into work today. The machine is protecting Obama. They're killing off (politically) anyone who could still hurt him. They're going to throw politicians under the Obama bus like mad. And those that can't be nailed under corruption will be discredited and replaced anyway.

It may be an opportunity for Illinois to try to start the process of cleaning out the machine a little. And maybe, if they're paying attention, elect a few people that aren't a part of it.

Shaw: It was his insistence on having the Illinois state legislature pass the ethics bill that led to Blogo's arrest.

Convenient. No loose ends. Not walking on water, but walking on sewage, in fact.

Obob said...

I'm not talking about them, this concerns obama and people he left in Chicago. His history of looking the other way caught up.
And a phone call made to push through legislation is nice, but I bet he would have voted "present" back in the day.
no, it is about obama being just another schmuck like the rest. It is the Chicago way through Hyde Park

Obob said...

patrick, the Machine will morph itself into another creature. Even as Heracles killed the hydra, this one would have chewed that hero of antiquity a new tunic as it grew heads to numerous.
Obama is the new Michael Corleone. I can see indictments and doors closed on faces as he takes the Oath of Office like the end of the Godfather during the Baptism. Life imitates art again.

Chuck said...

Obama was not involved, haven't you read the corrections to their earlier statements that he was closely tied to the Giv?

Obob said...

show me bodies

Kissinger Doing the Weather

Kissinger Doing the Weather
Back in the early 90s, I awoke with a wicked hang over one morning. As I sat on the floor watching the morning news, I swore I saw Harold Kissinger doing the weather. No one believed me. Professors discounted me. I have been vindicated.
      
Marriage is love.

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger