12 August, 2007

Random Thoughts on a Sunday Morning

Thought Uno


"I am confident that the hottest places in hell are reserved for the souls of sick and brutal people who hold God's creatures in such brutal and cruel contempt," he (Sen. Byrd) said.
He's referring to dog fighter's not those who provide the warm and fuzzy service called partial birth abortion. And J.C. Watts op-ed finally calls out society on a whole for its support of this atrocity.






Thought Two
I'm watching Battleground: The Art of War on the Battle of the Bulge, and in the beginning they have a neophyte soldier fresh from boot camp. He has the perception of being a hayseed looking for action. Where is from? Muncie Indiana.
Other shows featuring Muncie?
- The Hudsucker Proxy
- Close Encounters of the Third Kind
- and the epic reality show, Armed and Famous
Muncie is also home of Ball State, where not only do I have a degree, but David Letterman and Jim Davis.



a repost, but a classic
Thought C


Obama is not scary, just disappointing. Regarding a matter more serious than vegetables -- a judicial confirmation -- he looks like just another liberal on a leash. His candidacy kindled hope that he might bring down the curtain on the long-running and intensely boring melodrama "Forever Selma," starring Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.

George Will ; sadly I concur, he is evolving from a revolutionary who could unite, to typical politician pandering for votes.


Thought IV
The Lord of Darkness, Robert Novak, is growing on me. He is an old school journalist. I've seen him dismiss Russert and was fearless in the Plame fiasco. The difference from other op-ed writers, he reports while they recycle. His moniker on Murtha makes me chuckle.


"King Corruption": Rep. John Murtha of Pennsylvania, master of earmarks and backroom deals.

3 comments:

Beth said...

As to Thought Uno, I had the very same thought, the sad irony of it.

Beth said...

Anyway, this post inspired me to make a posting of my own on the illogical thinking of the lefties.

Obob said...

thank you for the compliment
and the tragic fact people place more of an emphasis on an animal than a humna is disturbing. Watts calls out many other people who allegedly defend the weak and oppressed.
I am pro-choice, the baby should have a choice in the matter.

Kissinger Doing the Weather

Kissinger Doing the Weather
Back in the early 90s, I awoke with a wicked hang over one morning. As I sat on the floor watching the morning news, I swore I saw Harold Kissinger doing the weather. No one believed me. Professors discounted me. I have been vindicated.
      
Marriage is love.

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger