05 February, 2007

Funny but true

When i went Ball State in the late 80s early 90s, I took a folklore class. One of the papers was one on myths.
I was surfing and I found this site on 10 Beer Myths, 9 struck me:
Beer Myth 9: Corona is Mexican Piss

In the 1980s there was a rumor that Mexican workers were peeing in the Corona tanks that were destined for the US. Certainly alarmingly disgusting... if true. As it turns out this myth was started as a result of Corona's rising popularity in the US market, and who was jealous? Heineken. This was nothing more than a rumor started by a Heineken wholesaler in Reno. It all worked out, the guy from Heineken admitted his wrongdoing, and Corona continued it's rise to popularity. But the rumor can still be heard today in bars across the country.

I distinctively remember hearing this from another student. He repeated this almost word for word 15 years ago. It still is pisswater though. As the manlaw states, no fruit in beer.

My paper was a little "Greek" oriented.


I asked a sorority friend of mine on a Greek item of folklore. Busch of Budweiser wife was a member of Kappa Alpha Theta. She helped in the design of the famous label. The flowers on the edge of the banner are pansies, their flower. And the AB embedded in the middle of a diamond, or a "kite" another symbol of the Thetas.

No comments:

Kissinger Doing the Weather

Kissinger Doing the Weather
Back in the early 90s, I awoke with a wicked hang over one morning. As I sat on the floor watching the morning news, I swore I saw Harold Kissinger doing the weather. No one believed me. Professors discounted me. I have been vindicated.
      
Marriage is love.

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger